Students accepted under DSA-DTE can look forward to exciting programmes and activities that will further develop their skills and competencies in coding, robotics and technology. There will also be opportunities to partner and work with Institutions of higher learning and industries. Students will receive a well-rounded holistic and enriching experienced.
Below are some of the key programmes and leadership development for successful DSA-DTE students can look forward to:
Highlights - Robotics Club
Students who are accepted under DSA-DTE will be given direct allocation to Robotics Club as his/ her CCA. The CCA provides many opportunities for the students to take part in various competitions such as Toy Design Competition, IDE series (Arduino Maker category, VEX Robotics competition and Drones Odyssey Challenge, Infineon Chips @ School competition. Through the competitions and CCA, students get to develop their creativity and inventive thinking skills, design thinking and problem solving skills. Students are also trained in 3D printing, design using CAD software like Autodesk Inventor and Solidworks and electronics skills which they will use to apply in their projects and competitions.
Students who are accepted under DSA-DTE will also be developed to take up leadership position in Robotics CCA as EXCO or CCA leader in Sec 3. They will be given the opportunity to attend the Aspiring Leaders’ Training in Sec 2 and will continue to undergo the Inspiring Leaders’ Training in Sec 3 if they are selected to be the Robotics CCA leader.
Highlights - SIT SkillsCraft Youth Makers Programme
Students will be given the opportunity to take part in the SIT SkillsCraft Youthmakers programme which is a collaboration between Greendale Secondary and Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT). This programme aims to inspire the students and spark their interest in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM).
- Attend workshops conducted by SIT lecturers on Design Thinking, 3D Printing, DIY (Household) Hacks
- Participate in meaningful STEM activities and projects that contribute to the community
- Have the opportunity to be mentored by the lecturers in competitions or projects
Highlights - STEM Career Exposure & Industries Visit
Students will be exposed to STEM career and go on industry visits to gain exposure to possible STEM careers. Following are some programmes:
“A day in the life of…” @ Infineon Technologies Programme
- To inspire and motivate students to think about a career in Engineering in the semiconductor industry
- In this programme, students get to experience first-hand a typical day of an Engineer working in an MNC
- Programme include: Company Introduction, SMART Factory Tour to appreciate how SMART technologies is incorporated in the day-to-day running of the factory, Career @ Infineon Technologies and Job shadowing and interation with an Engineer mentor for a day
Google Office Visit
In this programme, students get to tour the visit the exciting and impressive Google office. Students will also attend a workshop conducted by Googlers to enthuse them in STEM.
Highlights - Overseas STEM Trip
Students will also be given the opportunity for overseas STEM trips which aim to:
- expose them to STEM education and development in other countries,
- deepen their 21st Century Competencies of global awareness and cross-cultural skills and sensitivities,
- to help students realise how countries are utilizing technologies as a competitive advantage to improve life and economy
- to create awareness of foreign cultures and the interconnected world
Highlights - Competitions & Collaborations with Higher Institutions
In addition to the competitions from Robotics Club, students have opportunities to take part in other National Competitions such as the Singapore Amazing Flying Competitions organized by Defense Science Organisation. Students will also put their Design Thinking Skills to good use in the SIT Community Challenge and Infineon Chips@schools competition.